You can help us make the new centre a reality. Donate today to help build and furnish this state-of-the-art facility.
Demand for dementia care has reached crisis levels.
• Our Adult Day Program waiting list is now almost 100 people long, and it’s taking almost a year for people to get the help they need.
• No short stay overnight respite options exist for people with dementia in Halton.
• The need for family support has increased by over 30% in two years.
We hear daily from families who are stretched to the breaking point. Real, transformational change needs to happen now.
At the moment 2250 Speers Road (at left) is a warehouse that needs some love. Help us completely transform it – inside and out!
New Dementia Care Centre
Our new, state-of-the-art building will be a centre of excellence for dementia care in the province and is expected to open in late 2020.
It will feature:
- Eight short stay overnight respite beds (the only ones in Halton)
- An expanded Adult Day Program for people with dementia (more clients each day, longer hours each day, adding Sunday care)
- An Adult Day Program for frail older adults (one of the S.E.N.A.C.A. Oakville locations)
- Caregiver support for families
- Best practices in dementia friendly design
New Dementia Care Centre Project – Official Launch
Stories from the Front lines
Watch as families talk about the need for dementia care and learn about how dementia care has changed.
Thank you to everyone who has donated to this project, including:
The Warren Y. Soper Charitable Trust
The Walmley Foundation