New Dementia Care Centre
Our new, state-of-the-art centre will be a centre of excellence for dementia care in the province.
It will be located at 2250 Speers Road in Oakville, and is expected to open in the spring of 2020.
It will feature:
- An expanded Adult Day Program (more spaces, more days, more hours!)
- Short stay overnight respite beds
- Enhanced support for families
- Best practices in dementia friendly design
Sign up to receive email updates on the project as it progresses.
We’re raising $5M to purchase, renovate and equip the new dementia care centre.
Want more information on how to contribute? Contact Melissa Cameron at 905-827-8800 x2040.
Demand for dementia care has reached crisis levels.
- Our Adult Day Program waiting list is now almost 100 people long, and it’s taking almost a year for people to get the help they need.
- No short stay overnight respite options exist for people with dementia in Halton.
- The need for family support has increased by over 30% in two years.
We hear daily from families who are stretched to the breaking point. Real, transformational change needs to happen now.
Stories from the Frontlines
Watch as families talk about the need for dementia care and learn about how dementia care has changed.