Brighten someone’s day with a simple telephone call!
A phone call might seem like a simple thing, but for older adults who are isolated and lonely, it can bring friendship, comfort and security.
As a Tele-Touch Volunteer, you’ll call clients according to a pre-arranged schedule.
Depending on the client’s wishes, it may be a quick phone call to make sure the client is up and about or it could be a friendly chat about the day’s plans. If you’re unable to reach your client, you let us know and we then follow up until we’re sure that the client is safe and sound.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent active listener
- Friendly, compassionate and caring
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Attendance at an orientation session
One orientation session, next sessions are on:
- Tuesday, August 18th from 2:00pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, September 16th from 6:00pm-8:00pm
Apply now to be included in the next orientation session.
Less than one hour per week, long term matches are ideal
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
A Life Less Lonely: Jean’s Story
“It’s tough being widowed and on your own,” says Jean. “Tele-Touch is my security blanket.”
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Fran Savelson at 905-827-8800 x2329 so we can ensure your equal participation.