New Dementia Centre Update: We Have a Building!
March 8, 2019 – Acclaim Health is now the proud owner of 2250 Speers Road in Oakville, the site of our new Dementia Care Centre.
At the moment it’s a warehouse that needs some love, but over the next year we’re going to completely transform it – inside and out. We’ll be adding glass, windows, lots of natural light, gardens, patios, and the best in dementia design. You can help us make the dream a reality by donating today!
New Dementia Care Centre
Our new, state-of-the-art building will be a centre of excellence for dementia care in the province and is expected to open in mid 2020.
It will feature:
- An expanded Adult Day Program (more spaces, more days, more hours!)
- Eight short stay overnight respite beds
- Enhanced support for families
- Best practices in dementia friendly design
We’re raising $5M to purchase, renovate and equip the new dementia care centre.
Demand for dementia care has reached crisis levels.
- Our Adult Day Program waiting list is now almost 100 people long, and it’s taking almost a year for people to get the help they need.
- No short stay overnight respite options exist for people with dementia in Halton.
- The need for family support has increased by over 30% in two years.
We hear daily from families who are stretched to the breaking point. Real, transformational change needs to happen now.
Stories from the Front lines
Watch as families talk about the need for dementia care and learn about how dementia care has changed.
Thank you to everyone who has donated to this project, including:
The Warren Y. Soper Charitable Trust
The Walmley Foundation