Designed for Personal Support Workers (PSWs), this course will grow your hospice palliative care knowledge and expertise.
Building on the Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care, ACE focuses on the Personal Support Worker’s scope of practice. Course runs once a year. You must have access to a computer and the internet to complete the course.
Prerequisite: You must have successfully completed Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care
You will learn to:
- Develop trust and therapeutic relationships with the people and families you care for
- Communicate effectively with people with cognitive impairments
- Enhance your team communication skills
- Recognize and manage conflict
- Implement strategies for relieving pain, breathlessness, confusion and other symptoms
- Understand the importance of your role in observing and reporting issues affecting your patient
- Develop a self-care plan
- Identify your role in maintaining confidentiality
ACE consists of case-based learning sessions (three sessions x 3 hours each, in person).
All course components are mandatory, including attendance at ALL in person learning sessions.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Silverthorn Care Community – 4350 Mississauga Rd.
April 9 | April 16 | April 23
Receive emails regarding future sessions.