Makes 20 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl with a hand
mixer until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and
oats in another large bowl.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
Stir in chocolate chips and pecans. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 325˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drop dough by tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheet.
Chill 10 minutes.
- Bake 7–9 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.