We’re committed to your well-being, safety and dignity.
Experience high quality care, a caring and collaborative team, and respect for you as a person.
You are encouraged to take an active role in the care you – or your loved one – is receiving.
We will take the time to understand your needs and goals, explain your options, and help you find the best solution possible. We’ll be by your side as your care and support needs change.
Your safety is something we take seriously:
- Staff and volunteers are trained to recognize safety risks to your health and in your home
- Staff are provided with ongoing training to ensure high quality care
- Internal audits are conducted to identify potential risks
- Policies and procedures are rigorously reviewed to mitigate potential risks
You and your family have the right:
- To be treated in a courteous, respectful and professional manner free of verbal, physical or financial abuse, exploitation and discrimination.
- To have the necessary information to make informed decisions about your care and to ask questions as needed to make the right decision for you.
- To receive safe and appropriate care for your needs from qualified staff.
- To decline an Acclaim Health staff member from entering your home if they are not wearing the proper photo identification.
- To refuse service.
- To be involved in all aspects of your care planning from admission to discharge.
- To be informed of any incident/concern that occurs during your care and steps that we are taking to address the situation.
- To be informed when your service time/visit has to be changed.
- To be referred to other community agencies or organizations as appropriate.
- To voice a concern or complaint [link to complaints page] about your care or service, without fear of retribution.
You and your family have the responsibility:
- To actively participate with the Acclaim Health team in preparing your care plan.
- To treat Acclaim Health staff with respect in an environment that is free from verbal and physical abuse, harassment, and discrimination.
- To follow your agreed upon care plan so that you can have the best quality of care possible.
- To ask questions if you do not understand the instructions or information given to you.
- To notify Acclaim Health ahead of time when you need to reschedule or cancel service.
- To inform Acclaim Health of any concerns, problems or dissatisfaction with the services provided.
- To ensure Acclaim Health Staff can work in a safe environment by:
- Not smoking a minimum of one hour before or while Acclaim Health staff are providing care/service
- Removing pets when Acclaim Health staff are providing care consistently
- Ensuring that appropriate equipment is available and in good working order for Acclaim Health staff
- Ensuring hallways and floors are free of clutter
- Making sure that the pathway and driveway of your home are free of snow, ice or debris