An intensive two day course designed for nurses (RNs, RPNs and NPs) from all care settings, this course will help you master pain management.
This course will help you:
- Define and describe pain in the context of whole person care
- Identify barriers to effective pain management
- Complete a comprehensive pain assessment
- Differentiate between types of pain
- Describe the principles of pharmacological and other types of pain management
- Describe opioid and other types of medication used in managing pain
- Apply conversion ratios between different opioids and routes of administration
- Manage common adverse effects of opioids
- Evaluation the effectiveness of pain management interventions
You must have access to a computer and the internet to complete the course. Course runs 1-2 times per year.
Cost: $115.00 (includes materials, lunch and refreshments for classroom sessions)
- Classroom learning sessions (full day x 2)
- Practical assignments (x2)
- Online learner reflections (x2)
- Completion of post-course evaluation
All course components are mandatory, including attendance at BOTH in person learning sessions.
Register for Upcoming Courses
Must register by April 26, 2019
Mississauga Halton LHIN Regional Learning Centre
2030 Bristol Circle, Oakville
May 6th & June 3rd – 8:45am – 4:15pm
Receive emails regarding future sessions.