Designed for nurses, this course will grow your hospice palliative care knowledge and expertise.
Comprehensive Advanced Palliative Care Education (CAPCE) focuses on the development and role of the nurse (RNs, RPNs and NPs) as a hospice palliative care resource for the inter-professional team in long term care homes, home care agencies, hospitals and communities. It covers best practice standards and aligns with A Model to Guide Hospice Palliative Care.
This course takes approximately 5 months to complete, and will require approximately 5 hours of independent study time each week. You must have access to a computer and the internet to complete the course.
Prerequisite: Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care
CAPCE consists of the following:
- Case-based learning sessions (four sessions x 4 hours each, in person)
- Coaching sessions (six sessions x 2 hours each, in person)
- Peer-to-Peer Exchanges / Learning Debriefs (four sessions)
- Practical Application Assignments (x2)
- E-learning Modules (x6)
- Self-directed reading and reflection
All course components are mandatory, including attendance at all in person learning sessions.
CW LHIN Regional Learning
199 County Court Blvd, Brampton (view map)
Dates (must attend all dates):
- Monday, February 10
- Tuesday, March 3
- Tuesday, April 7
- Monday, June 1
- Tuesday, June 30
Time: 9:00am – 1:00pm
Please note: there are 5 mandatory in class coaching session (dates TBA)
- Selection criteria is as follows:
- Completion of Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Core Program (some exceptions may be considered on an individual basis)
- Access to an internet-enabled computer
- Knowledge of basic computer programs
- Applications will be screened and successful candidates will be contacted by email to complete the registration process
- Minimum of 1 year experience, or equivalent as determined by the CAPCE team, caring for people with a progressive, life-limiting illness
- All Applications will be reviewed by the CAPCE team. Applicants who are accepted will receive notification by email on or before Jan. 6, 2020, and will be sent a link for payment at that time. if accepted, Deadline for payment is Jan. 20, 2020.
- Course runs each fall.