- 1/2cup unsalted butter
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 3Tbsp cocoa powder sifted
- 1large egg lightly beaten
- 1tsp vanilla
- 2cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1cup fine coconut unsweetened
- 1/4cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2cups powdered sugar
- 2Tbsp custard powder
- 3Tbsp milk room temperature
- 8oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Grease a 9 x 9″ pan and line with parchment.
- Place 1/2 cup butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and 3 Tbsp cocoa powder into a large, heatproof bowl over a pot with simmering water. Whisk until combined.
- Slowly pour in egg while whisking vigorously. Add vanilla. Continue whisking over simmering water until mixture has thickened and resembles a pudding.
- Remove mixture from heat and stir in graham cracker crumbs and coconut.
- Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of your 9×9 pan. Press down firmly to pack in. Chill in fridge
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar, add in custard powder and milk and beat until smooth
- Spread evenly over base layer and return to fridge. Chill for 30mins.
- Place chopped chocolate and butter in-to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir. Continue microwaving in 10 second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate has melted.
- Spread evenly over custard layer. Chill in fridge until set (about 1 hour). Cut with a hot serrated knife.