Make 8 turnovers
- 2 cups small diced (peeled) apples
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (17.3-oz.) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- Flour, for dusting table top
- 1 large egg, whisked
- White sugar (optional)
First things first! Preheat oven to 400°F, and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- Wet ingredients first!
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir the apples, brown sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, set aside
- Work on the pastry sheet!
- Put a bit flour over both hands, and dust flour on a clean table top, unfold the puff pastry sheets onto the table. Use a rolling pin to gently roll over the pastry to seal any perforations. Cut each sheet into 4 squares (total 8)
- Use a slotted spoon, scoop a portion of the apple mixture into the center of each puff pastry square, then fold the pastry across diagonally to form triangle.
- Use a fork, crimp together the edges then transfer the turnovers to the baking sheet (1 sheet for 4 turnovers)
- Cut 3 small slits in the tops of each turnover, then brush top with the whisked egg. Sprinkle the turnovers with white sugar (Optional)
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until they are golden brown and puffed, and let cool on baking sheet
Done, now let’s eat them!