Are you passionate about sharing your knowledge of hospice care?
As a Hospice Outreach Volunteer, you will raise awareness about hospice palliative care in our community by attending events and sharing information with community groups. Training is provided to help you:
- Learn more about hospice palliative care, programs and services
- Develop your public speaking and presentation skills
- Gain marketing and networking techniques
Skills and Experience
- Excellent communicator
- Compassionate and caring
- Comfortable with death and dying
- Open and non-judgmental
- Successful completion of the training course
12 hours of classroom training (usually offered for 3 hours once a week for four weeks in the spring and fall), plus 6 hours of field training.
Next Training Session:
Date: Sundays, October 6-27, 2019
Time: 9:30am – 12:30pm
Location: Heart House Hospice, 855 Matheson Blvd East, Unit 1, Mississauga
To apply, contact Asma Khan at 647-631-5952.
Time commitment varies depending on community and event / presentation requests.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Fran Savelson at 905-827-8800 x2329 so we can ensure your equal participation.