Help reduce pain, stress and anxiety for people with life-limiting illnesses, dementia or caregivers experiencing high stress.
You’ll improve their quality of life and well-being through the use of complementary therapies, such as:
- Therapeutic Touch™
- Hand and Arm Massage
- Playing instruments or Singing
If you are trained in any of the above, and have an hour or two to spare each week, then we’d love to have you on our volunteer team.
Occasionally, we do hold training sessions for Therapeutic Touch™ and Hand and Arm Massage.
Skills and Experience
- Practitioner of Therapeutic Touch™, Reiki or massage is an asset
- Musical skills or enjoyment of music
- Excellent active listener
- Compassionate and caring
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Successful completion of orientation
One evening orientation session (see bottom of page for upcoming dates).
Apply now to be included in the next orientation session.
Not quite ready to apply? We’ll let you know when the next orientation is happening.
1 hour per week
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
“I felt so mellow and calm. I didn’t want to open my eyes or lift my arms. I wanted to sit and just be.”
– Client Marilyn Greenham (with volunteer June Leach)