Updated April 1, 2020 at 11:27am
Acclaim Health is working with our healthcare system partners to ensure we are responsibly protecting the health of our clients, staff members, and volunteers.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to adapt to the changing situation.
If you are an Acclaim Health patient or client, staff members will be calling ahead of time to screen you and your household for illness and international travel so that we can continue to care for you safely.
All staff members are proactively self-screening before visiting clients.
Please contact your local public health authority if you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19:
- Halton Region Public Health 905-825-600 or 1-866-442-5866
- Peel Public Health (Mississauga) 905-799–7700
Impact on Services
Nursing and Personal Support: Operating normally with added screening and infection prevention precautions.
Adult Day Programs: CLOSED until further notice. Caregiver support is still available via phone. Virtual programming will be available shortly.
Volunteer Visits: In-person visits are suspended until further notice, volunteers will be checking in with clients via phone.
Caregiver Support Groups: In-person support groups are cancelled and virtual groups have been set up. Please watch your email for details on how to join the virtual groups.
Limited Access to Acclaim Health Sites
Please do not attempt to visit any Acclaim Health site without prior authorization and screening. Acclaim Health sites are only open to essential personnel and pre-screened Nursing Clinic clients.
Cancelling Meetings and Events
Acclaim Health is cancelling large public events until at least the end of May. Meetings, interviews, orientations and training sessions are being held virtually.
We will contact you directly if your event or session has been cancelled.
Preparing for COVID-19
Acclaim Health is as prepared as possible for the spread of COVID-19. The following measures are in place:
- Daily proactive screening of all patients, clients, staff members, volunteers and visitors to Acclaim Health sites.
- Cancelling large public meetings and instituting virtual meetings.
- Reinforcing Government of Canada protocols for staff members, volunteers and clients returning from affected countries.
- Continuing our excellent infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensuring staff are informed and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Monitoring the situation daily.
Help us provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
There are simple – but very effective things you can do to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands!
- Don’t touch your face.
- Regularly clean high touch surfaces such as door handles, phones, remotes.
- Limit contact with others, including: maintaining a distance of 2m, avoid shaking hands etc.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Help Prevent the Spread Infographic in various languages:
Halton Region Public Health
Fraud and Scams
As COVID-19 continues to spread there have been a number of frauds and scams related to the outbreak by those looking to profit from fears, uncertainties and misinformation. Below are links to reliable information and tips for consumers:
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website. This site contains information on:
- Prevention and risks
- Symptoms and treatment
- Travel advice