Acclaim Health is working with our healthcare system partners to ensure we are responsibly protecting the health of our clients, staff members, and volunteers.
Impact on Services
Nursing and Personal Support: Operating normally with added screening and infection prevention controls.
Adult Day Programs: All five Adult Day Program locations will be closing Tuesday, October 13, 2020 until further notice. They are being closed as a precautionary measure due to rising COVID-19 cases in our area. Our staff team will continue to support families and the Virtual Club will also remain available.
Volunteer Visits: Some outdoor, physically distanced visits are available. No indoor visits are permitted at this time.
Caregiver Support Groups: In-person support groups are cancelled and virtual groups have been set up. Please watch your email for details on how to join the virtual groups.
If you are an Acclaim Health patient or client, staff members will be calling ahead of time to screen you and your household for illness and international travel so that we can continue to care for you safely.
All staff members are proactively self-screening before visiting clients.
For screening and symptom information, visit this https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment . Please contact your local public health unit if you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19:
- Halton Region Public Health 905-825-6000 or 1-866-442-5866
- Peel Public Health (Mississauga) 905-799-7700
- City of Hamilton Public Health Services 905-546-2489
Acclaim Health is working with Public Health to rollout vaccines to our frontline staff over the next few months. We’re happy to report that some Acclaim Health staff members have already received the vaccine!
All Acclaim Health staff members – whether vaccinated or not – will continue to wear the required personal protective equipment (PPE) while providing client care to maintain the highest level of safety.
COVID-19 Protocols at Acclaim Health
Acclaim Health is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The following measures are in place:
- Daily proactive screening of all patients, clients, staff members, volunteers and visitors to Acclaim Health sites.
- Cancelling in person meetings and instituting virtual meetings.
- Reinforcing Government of Canada and Public Health protocols for staff members, volunteers and clients.
- Continuing our excellent infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensuring staff are informed and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Monitoring the situation daily.
Acclaim Health will provide grocery support including essential grocery shopping and delivery for isolated older adults who don’t have family/friends to provide assistance.
Referrals can be made through our secure online referral form or by calling 905-827-8800 ext. 2315.
Support our COVID-19 Response
Your donation will support our clients and their families through:
- In home respite for families caring for a loved one with dementia (our greatest need, as our Adult Day Programs are still closed)
- Emergency supplies for isolated older adults
- Activity packages to engage and connect isolated older adults
- Virtual programming for club members unable to attend the Adult Day Programs
- Virtual support groups for families caring for a loved one with dementia, or coping with grief
Limited Access to Acclaim Health Sites
Please do not attempt to visit any Acclaim Health site without prior authorization and screening. Acclaim Health sites are only open to essential personnel and pre-screened Nursing Clinic clients.
There are simple – but very effective things you can do to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands!
- Don’t touch your face.
- Regularly clean high touch surfaces such as door handles, phones, remotes.
- Limit contact with others, including: maintaining a distance of 2m, avoid shaking hands etc.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Help Prevent the Spread Infographic in various languages:
Halton Region Public Health
Fraud and Scams
As COVID-19 continues to spread there have been a number of frauds and scams related to the outbreak by those looking to profit from fears, uncertainties and misinformation. Below are links to reliable information and tips for consumers:
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website. This site contains information on:
- Prevention and risks
- Symptoms and treatment
- Travel advice