Acclaim Health is working with our healthcare system partners to ensure we are responsibly protecting the health of our clients, staff members, and volunteers.
Impact on Services
Nursing and Personal Support: Operating normally with added screening and infection prevention controls.
Adult Day Programs: Our Adult Day Programs will resume modified in-person services as of Monday July 5th, 2021 pending provincial restrictions. We will still continue to offer virtual programming for those that don’t feel comfortable returning just yet.
Our plan will be very similar to the re-opening that occurred in August 2020 and will include the following:
- Small groups of club members each day – each person will be scheduled to a day
- Phone calls to caregivers the day before to complete the Public Health screening questions
- Confirmation on arrival that there have been no changes (you will be asked the screening questions again)
- Site locations will be locked – and you will need to ring doorbell or call to alert staff that you have arrived
- Only one club member/family caregiver will be allowed entry to the lobby, you may need to wait to enter until it is safe to do so
- Caregivers will be asked to sign an attestation agreeing to the new procedures and safety measures
- Staff will continue to wear all of the appropriate PPE, including masks and eye protection
- Staff and club members will perform hand hygiene many times in the day and continue with disinfection of high touch surfaces
It will continue to be a choice for your relative to attend the day program if you are comfortable with proceeding. You will not be removed from service or discharged if you wish to start at a later date.
Volunteer Visits: All volunteer visits are being held virtually, over the phone or in-person outdoors.
Caregiver Support Groups: In-person support groups are cancelled and virtual groups have been set up. Please watch your email for details on how to join the virtual groups.
Useful Education Resources
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Wearing a mask: How to properly put on and take off your mask
- Hand hygiene practices
- How to care for someone with COVID-19
- How to self-isolate
If you are an Acclaim Health patient or client, staff members will be calling ahead of time to screen you and your household for illness and international travel so that we can continue to care for you safely.
All staff members are proactively self-screening before visiting clients.
For screening and symptom information, visit this https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment . Please contact your local public health unit if you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19:
- Halton Region Public Health 905-825-6000 or 1-866-442-5866
- Peel Public Health (Mississauga) 905-799-7700
- City of Hamilton Public Health Services 905-546-2489
Halton Region and partners have been working hard to make vaccines available, in alignment with the provincial government’s three-phased vaccination planVisit the Halton Region’s website to book your vaccine now.
To book an appointment at a participating pharmacy near you, visit covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations. Please contact the pharmacy directly as the Halton region is unable to schedule appointments for pharmacies.
COVID-19 Protocols at Acclaim Health
Acclaim Health is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The following measures are in place:
- Daily proactive screening of all patients, clients, staff members, volunteers and visitors to Acclaim Health sites.
- Cancelling in-person meetings and instituting virtual meetings.
- Reinforcing Government of Canada and Public Health protocols for staff members, volunteers and clients.
- Continuing our excellent infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensuring staff are informed and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Monitoring the situation daily.
Support our COVID-19 Response
Your donation will support our clients and their families through:
- In-home respite for families caring for a loved one with dementia (our greatest need, as our Adult Day Programs are still closed)
- Emergency supplies for isolated older adults
- Activity packages to engage and connect isolated older adults
- Virtual programming for club members unable to attend the Adult Day Programs
- Virtual support groups for families caring for a loved one with dementia, or coping with grief
Limited Access to Acclaim Health Sites
Please do not attempt to visit any Acclaim Health site without prior authorization and screening. Acclaim Health sites are only open to essential personnel and pre-screened Nursing Clinic clients.
There are simple – but very effective things you can do to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands!
- Don’t touch your face.
- Regularly clean high touch surfaces such as door handles, phones, remotes.
- Limit contact with others, including: maintaining a distance of 2m, avoid shaking hands etc.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Help Prevent the Spread Infographic in various languages:
Halton Region Public Health
Fraud and Scams
As COVID-19 continues to spread there have been a number of frauds and scams related to the outbreak by those looking to profit from fears, uncertainties and misinformation. Below are links to reliable information and tips for consumers:
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website. This site contains information on:
- Prevention and risks
- Symptoms and treatment
- Travel advice