Help enrich the lives of adults who are at risk of social isolation due to a diverse range of challenges.
As a volunteer you’ll help staff run the programming and activities that make the program so much fun. This might be playing games or completing puzzles, assisting with art or music sessions, or simply having a quiet conversation with a client.
You can choose to volunteer at one of the following locations:
- Bond (53 Bond Street, Oakville)
- Palermo (2521 Dundas Street West, Oakville)
- Coptic (1245 Eglinton Avenue West, Mississauga)
Skills and Experience
- Excellent active listener
- Compassionate and caring
- Experience supporting older adults or people living with
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Training is provided by the Adult Day Program staff on a one-on-one basis.
4 hours per week
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Fran Savelson at 905-827-8800 x2329 so we can ensure your equal participation.