Volunteer phone calls to isolated older adults in Halton.
A phone call might seem like a simple thing, but for older adults (65+) who are socially-isolated and lonely, it can bring enjoyment, comfort and security. For those living with dementia, please refer to the Memory Visiting Program.
Tele-Touch Volunteers call clients according to a pre-arranged schedule. Depending on the client’s wishes, it may be a quick phone call to make sure the client is alright or it could be a friendly chat about the day. We also provide security check-in calls from Monday to Friday.
Matches are based on common interests and the type of call required to ensure a positive and meaningful experience for both the client and volunteer.
Our professional staff team provides ongoing support to both clients and volunteers throughout their time together and can help clients access additional services as their needs change.
This program is offered free of charge through the generosity of our volunteers, funders and donors.
- The client resides in the Region of Halton;
- The client has a valid Ontario Health Card;
- The staff and volunteers have the expertise to meet the person’s service needs;
- They agree to refrain from smoking while the Care Manager/Counsellor and volunteer(s) visits;
- They pose no risk to harm the Care Manager/Counsellor or volunteer(s);
- They do not have communicable diseases. Client with MRSA, VRE, and C Difficile must have three negative cultures prior to being visited with a volunteer.
- Older adults (65+) living in own home or a retirement home who are socially isolated with limited social support
- No diagnosis of dementia – please refer to the Memory Visiting program
A Life Less Lonely: Jean’s Story
“It’s tough being widowed and on your own,” says Jean. “Tele-Touch is my security blanket.”
Tele-Touch Staff Team:
Burlington, Oakville, and Milton
News and Events
This year we’re celebrating the magical moments that happen at Acclaim Health day in, day out. A word of kindness. A shared laugh. Finding a path forward when you thought you were at a dead end, alone. They are not the big, flashy leaps ahead. These are the meaningful moments created by human connections between…
Accreditation Canada delivers a wide range of high-impact assessment programs for health and social service organizations, powered by HSO, and customized to local needs. For more than 60 years, Accreditation Canada has been working with health, social and community service organizations to advance quality and safety. We are very proud to report that Accreditation Canada…