Enhance your knowledge of hospice palliative care with this introductory course appropriate for all roles.
The Fundamentals of Hospice Palliative Care Core Program is an interactive, introductory level course ideal for any health care provider or volunteer who supports people with life-limiting illnesses.
It takes approximately 7 weeks to complete the course. Must have access to a computer and the internet to complete the course. Course runs each fall, winter and spring in a variety of locations across Halton and Peel. You must work in Halton or Peel regions to be eligible for this learning opportunity.
All program materials will now be accessed online on the Partnering for Palliative Education platform through D2L’s Brightspace Learning Environment. If you have any issues with accessing an internet-enabled computer, tablet, or smartphone, please contact us.
Following the completion of this program, the learner will:
- Demonstrate sensitivity, understanding and respect for the individuality of the person, family and team/caregivers
- Identify and understand issues associated with illness and bereavement (domains of issues)
- Effectively communicate with the person, family and team
- Recognize and report changes in any of the domains of issues associated with illness and bereavement
- Provide hospice palliative supportive care strategies
- Actively learn and develop personally and contribute as part of a team and organization
- Demonstrate sensitively to the impact of personal attitudes, behaviours and values on the illness experience of the person, family and team/caregivers
To receive a Certificate of Completion, Fundamentals learners will need to:
- Attend all 3 Case-Based Learning Live Virtual Classroom Sessions
- Complete Self-Directed Readings from the Program Guide and e-Learning Modules
- Participate in two Peer-to-Peer Exchanges
- Complete one Reflective Activity
The deadline for registration and refund is January 5, 2024
Register for Upcoming 2024 Virtual Courses
NOTE: you must work in Halton or Peel regions to be eligible for these learning opportunities.
- Dates of 3 classes: January 22, February 12, March 4
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Dates of 3 classes: January 23, February 13, March 5
Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm
- Dates of 3 classes: January 25, February 15, March 7
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
- Dates of 3 classes: January 31, February 21, and March 13
- Time: 6:00pm – 9:00pm