An intensive two day course designed for nurses (RNs, RPNs and NPs) from all care settings, this course will help you master pain management.
This course will help you:
- Define and describe pain in the context of whole person care
- Identify barriers to effective pain management
- Complete a comprehensive pain assessment
- Differentiate between types of pain
- Describe the principles of pharmacological and other types of pain management
- Describe opioid and other types of medication used in managing pain
- Apply conversion ratios between different opioids and routes of administration
- Manage common adverse effects of opioids
- Evaluation the effectiveness of pain management interventions
You must have access to a computer and the internet to complete the course. Course runs 1-2 times per year.
Price includes materials, lunch and refreshments for classroom sessions
- Classroom learning sessions (full day x 2)
- Practical assignments (x2)
- Online learner reflections (x2)
- Completion of post-course evaluation
All course components are mandatory, including attendance at both learning sessions.
Register for Upcoming Courses
An Intensive 2-day course
Day 1: February 4, 2020
Day 2: March 2, 2020