Welcome to JIM’s Suites!
When you book an all-inclusive stay at JIM’s Suites, your family member living with dementia gets warm, friendly around the clock care while you get a break from caregiving.
JIM’s Suites features eight private bedrooms, along with lovely living and dining spaces for our guests. JIM’s Suites are located in a separate, secure section of Patty’s Place, our newly built dementia care centre in Oakville. This allows your family member to enjoy a wide range of activities during the day in The Soper Club (our dementia-specific adult day program), and then retire to JIM’s Suites to relax in the evening.
JIM’s Suites are available for stays of up to two weeks for people living with dementia. Our incredible team of specially trained staff are continuously available to take care of all your family members’ needs during their stay. This includes washroom assistance, help with dressing and showering, and help at meal times – and of course, having fun! All meals and snacks are provided (the cookies, in particular, are amazing).
Online reservations will open in late September for stays beginning November 2021. Please note that for the first few months we will only be open Monday to Thursday nights.
Check in is between 2:00pm-3:30pm, check out is between 9:00am-11:00am. Early check in and/or late check out are available for an additional cost.
Minimum stay is 2 nights, maximum stay is 14 nights in a row. To make sure as many families as possible have access to this service, guests can book up to a total of 24 nights per calendar year, and are capped at 5 weekend stays.
We know the needs of your family member changes over time, and we want to make sure their stay with us is a wonderful one. For this reason, the following will apply to all reservations:
- Trial stay of 2 nights must be completed before a longer reservation can be booked
- Stays must take place within 4 months of booking
- Expect to spend about 30 minutes with staff at check in and check out to review your family member’s needs and their stay
You can cancel your reservation up to 72 hours before your stay.
Reservations cancelled within 72 hours of the stay will be charged a $50.00 cancellation fee per night booked. If we’re able to offer your reservation to another guest, then this fee will be waived.
We welcome guests who meet the following critieria:
- Resident of Halton or Mississauga
- Living with a cognitive impairment diagnosis
- Able to cope in a social environment
- Able to weight bear and only needs minimal assistance from staff during transfers
- Poses no serious risk of harm to other guests or staff members
- Is a non-smoker or can successfully utilize nicotine replacement therapy (Patty’s Place is a non-smoking facility)
- Medication needs can be met by staff
- $76 per night of care (each night of your stay), plus $24 for each day of care (between your night stays) = $100 per 24 hours of all-inclusive care
- $24 for early check in (must be booked at time of reservation)
- $24 for late check out (must be booked at time of reservation)
There is no charge for care on the days you arrive and depart if you’re checking in and out at the regular times.
Fee assistance is available.
Example #1: Regular Three Night Stay
Three nights of care for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights would be 3 x $76, plus 2 x $24 for care during the day on Thursday and Friday. There is no charge for care on the days you arrive and depart if you’re checking in and out at the regular times. Total cost for the stay would be $276.
Example #2: Three Night Stay With Early Check In / Late Check Out
Three nights of care for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights would be 3 x $76, plus 2 x $24 for care during the day on Thursday and Friday. Arriving early on Wednesday would add a $24 early check in fee, and staying after 11:00am on Saturday would add a $24 late check out fee. Total cost for the stay would be $324.
Patty’s Place was built through the incredible generosity of our community, and it’s programs continue to be supported by our wonderful funders and donors.