Help make the day special for a person with dementia.
Our Adult Day Program for people living with dementia (also known as “the Club”) is designed to support each person’s individual interests, needs, and abilities. Club Members are encouraged to be as independent as possible, choosing their level of engagement and participation.
As a volunteer, you’ll help staff run the programming and activities that make the program so much fun. You may also help serve refreshments or work one on one with clients who need a little downtime.
You can choose to volunteer at any of the following locations:
- Burlington Club (2180 Itabashi Way, Burlington)
- Soper Club (Patty’s Place, 2250 Speers Road, Oakville)
- Walmley Club (Patty’s Place, 2250 Speers Road, Oakville)
- Mississauga Club (2695 N Sheridan Way, Mississauga)
Skills and Experience
- Excellent active listener
- Compassionate and caring
- Lived experience caring for a person with dementia an asset
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Training is provided by the Adult Day Program staff on a one-on-one basis.
4 hours per week
Volunteers will be provided with training on safety protocols and the use of PPE. All volunteers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, wear a mask and follow all government-mandated protocols when visiting clients.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
- All Acclaim Health staff and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Kathryn Arsenault at 905-847-9559 x2419, so we can ensure your equal participation.