Help make the day special for a person with dementia.
Our Adult Day Program for people living with dementia (also known as “the Club”) is designed to support each person’s individual interests, needs, and abilities. Club Members are encouraged to be as independent as possible, choosing their level of engagement and participation.
As a volunteer you’ll help staff run the programming and activities that make the program so much fun. You may also help serve refreshments or work one on one with clients who need a little down time.
You can choose to volunteer at either of the following locations:
- Burlington (2180 Itabashi Way, Burlington)
- Oakville (Sheridan Campus, 1430 Trafalgar Road, Oakville)
Skills and Experience
- Excellent active listener
- Compassionate and caring
- Lived experience caring for a person with dementia an asset
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Training is provided by the Adult Day Program staff on a one-on-one basis.
4 hours per week
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Fran Savelson at 905-827-8800 x2329 so we can ensure your equal participation.