As a JIM’s Suites Volunteer, you will help a client living with dementia get a warm and friendly experience as they enjoy some time away in our overnight respite suites!
Our JIM’s Suites volunteers will help provide the whole package! From assisting with mealtimes, integrating clients into the day program, tidying and prepping the bedrooms, to even an evening of games and movies with clients. Your companionship will help make the day special for a person with dementia.
Skills and Experience
- Compassionate and caring
- Lived experience caring for a person with dementia an asset
- Excellent active listener
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Volunteers for this possibility are ideally available from 7 am – 10 am or 6 pm – 9 pm, 7 days a week.
Your support would be appreciated 1-2 days per week; long-term matches are ideal.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
- All Acclaim Health staff and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Kathryn Arsenault at 905-847-9559 x2419, so we can ensure your equal participation.