Acclaim Health is working with our healthcare system partners to ensure we are responsibly protecting the health of our clients, staff members, and volunteers.
Impact on Services
Nursing and Personal Support: Operating normally at this time.
Adult Day Programs: Reduced programming sizes with added screening and infection prevention controls.
Support Groups: Operating virtually and in-person at this time.
Volunteer Visits: Operating normally at this time.
Useful Education Resources
- Signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Wearing a mask: How to properly put on and take off your mask
- Hand hygiene practices
- How to care for someone with COVID-19
- How to self-isolate
If you are an Acclaim Health patient or client, staff members will be calling ahead of time to screen you and your household for illness and international travel so that we can continue to care for you safely.
All staff members are proactively self-screening before visiting clients.
For screening and symptom information, visit this https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment . Please contact your local public health unit if you are experiencing COVID-19 related symptoms or you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19:
- Halton Region Public Health 905-825-6000 or 1-866-442-5866
- Peel Public Health (Mississauga) 905-799-7700
- City of Hamilton Public Health Services 905-546-2489
Halton Region and partners have been working hard to make vaccines available. Visit the Halton Region’s website to book your vaccine now.
To book an appointment at a participating pharmacy near you, visit covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations. Please contact the pharmacy directly as the Halton region is unable to schedule appointments for pharmacies.
COVID-19 Protocols at Acclaim Health
Acclaim Health is doing its part to reduce the spread of COVID-19. The following measures are in place:
- Daily proactive screening of all patients, clients, staff members, volunteers and visitors to Acclaim Health sites.
- Cancelling in-person meetings and instituting virtual meetings.
- Reinforcing Government of Canada and Public Health protocols for staff members, volunteers and clients.
- Continuing our excellent infection prevention and control measures.
- Ensuring staff are informed and have access to appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Monitoring the situation daily.
There are simple – but very effective things you can do to help protect yourself and others from COVID-19:
- Wash your hands!
- Don’t touch your face.
- Regularly clean high touch surfaces such as door handles, phones, remotes.
- Limit contact with others, including: maintaining a distance of 2m, avoid shaking hands etc.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Help Prevent the Spread Infographic in various languages:
Halton Region Public Health
Fraud and Scams
As COVID-19 continues to spread there have been a number of frauds and scams related to the outbreak by those looking to profit from fears, uncertainties and misinformation. Below are links to reliable information and tips for consumers:
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit the Government of Canada’s COVID-19 website. This site contains information on:
- Prevention and risks
- Symptoms and treatment
- Travel advice