Adult Day Program Virtual Club
Here are some great ideas you can do at home!
Feel free to chose what is appropriate for you and your family member.
Videos by our staff
Visit our YouTube Channel for more sing-alongs, documentaries, vintage TV shows, funny videos, and more!
Puzzles & Games
July 1 is Canada Day! Learn about the history of Canada in this 10 minute video
Koko the gorilla’s birthday is on July 4th, 1971 – Learn about this amazing gorilla who could communicate with humans using sign language!
July 5th, 1997 Scientists reveal that they have cloned the first animal – a sheep named Dolly. Learn about Dolly’s interesting story in this video
On July 7, 1940 Ringo Starr was born. Watch this video to find out 10 interesting facts you may not know!
On July 7, 2007 the Seven Wonders of the Modern World were announced. Learn more about them in this video
On July 11, 1914 Babe Ruth played his first MLB game
July 18th is Nelson Mandela Day
On July 20, 1969 the Apollo 11 space mission crew landed on the Moon. This documentary takes a closer look at the launch, the lunar landing and the crews return to earth
On July 27th, 1940 – Bugs Bunny first appeared on our television screens in A Wild Hare. Take a look here
On July 28, 1939 Judy Garland made history when she recorded the song “Somewhere Over the Rainbow”….but who actually wrote this beautiful song? Watch this video to find out more about a man named Yip Harburg, lyricist to one of the most widely known songs across the globe.
Other Videos to keep you smiling
- The Lucy Show
- Back in time for dinner – Watch a modern family “travel back in time” to figure out firsthand what it was like living in the 1950’s – 1990’s
- Mr Bean
- Beverly HillyBillies season 1
- The Honeymooners playlist
- Car 54, Where Are you? – Season 1
- Red Skeleton (6 episodes)
- America’s Funniest Home Videos playlist
- Top 10 America’s Got Talent Performers
- Myth Busters – The Hindenburg Disaster
- The Dick Van Dyke Show (Seasons 1-5)
- Zorro’s Fighting Legion (Season 1)
- Popeye the Sailor Man (Season 1)
- Animal’s building skills
- History of Burlington Ontario
- Most playful farm animals
- Odd Friendships between animals
- Wild Amazon Documentary (National geographic)
- Canada’s history of geography and attractions
- The Return of Spring
- Superhuman Geniuses
- The Duke of Edinburgh: In His Own Words
- Bizarre Animal Appearances
- Children Music Prodigy Playlist
- Sing Along with Susie Q (with lyrics)
- Frank Sinatra Sing Along (with lyrics)
- Variety Sing Along (with lyrics)
- Favorite Irish Song Playlist
- 1950’s Sing Along (with lyrics)
- America’s Got Talent – Tiny Girls, Huge Voices
- Dizzy Gillespie Quintet (Jazz 625)
- Guess that Sound
- Guess that Song 60’s
- Name the Song and Artist (40 questions)
- Name that World City
- Car logo quiz
- Greatest Hits Music Quiz
- Famous Paintings Quiz
Watch live video from some cool places! Click on the title to watch live
- Niagara Falls Webcam
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Huge variety of animal live streams from all over the world
- Window Swap – take a peek out of a window anywhere in the world!
- Radio Stations Around the World
- Drive & Listen (Take a drive around countries all over the globe while listening to the radio)
- Huge selection of livestreams (from puppies and kittens, to African watering holes, to oceans and beaches around the world. This site offers many live streams to keep you busy.
- Watch the Cherry Blossoms in Toronto!
Click on the title to visit the website
- Toronto Public Library Digital Archive
- Louvre Virtual Tour
- Time Capsule – find out what was happening in history on any specific day
- Words of the World – learn about the origins of words
- National Film Board of Canada – short films and documentaries
- Daily Horoscopes
- National Today – Please check out this months readings on Canada Day; National Strawberry Sundae Day, Nunavut Day, Guru Purnima, Eid al-Adha and much much more!
- Storyline Online – Celebrities read your favorite children’s story books aloud
- The Met Opera on Demand (each day 1 new Opera recording is released, and you have 24 hours to watch – watch for free here!)
Exercises with Lifemark
We are pleased to announce that all 5 Acclaim Health day programs are starting a virtual exercise program with LifeMark on Wednesdays at 11am, and you are invited to join from home as well! All you need is:
- A computer or tablet with internet access
- A good sturdy chair with arm rests and a clear space around the chair
- A pair of supportive shoes with closed front and backs
- A theraband (or a small bath towel)
- A set of 1-5 pound weights (or cans of soup)
- A refreshing glass of water to rehydrate during breaks!
If you are interested in joining please click the button below – join as a guest and type your full name into the space provided. These sessions will be recorded, but you will not be seen on the video recording. If you are in need of technical support, you can email [email protected] or contact your site coordinator for more information – we hope to see you there!