Support family caregivers as they cope with the challenges of caring for a loved one with dementia.
Our support groups give family caregivers a safe, friendly space in which they can share their experiences, explore solutions to common challenges and find out about community resources.
As a facilitator, your role is to ensure that all members of the group feel welcome and have opportunities to participate. You will also help connect participants to community resources both through Acclaim Health and elsewhere.
Skills and Experience
- Excellent active listener
- Compassionate and caring
- Lived experience caring for a person with dementia
- Experience in conducting and facilitating support groups
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Orientation and training is provided by our Caregiver Education Coordinator on a one-on-one basis.
3 hours per month
Volunteers will be provided with training on safety protocols and the use of PPE. All volunteers and staff are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, wear a mask and follow all government-mandated protocols when visiting clients.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Clean police records check with vulnerable sector screening
- Two references
- All Acclaim Health staff and volunteers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Should you require accommodation during the application process, please inform Anooshay Maqsood at 905-827-8800 ext. 2324 so we can ensure your equal participation.